Monday, January 30, 2012

Waiters at the Outback/Red Lobster?

Just wondering if anybody IS or knows anybody who works at the Outback or Red Lobster, or even Smokey Bones, Cadillac Ranch, Red Robin, etc.



I'm looking for a new job. I currently work at a sports bar and it's ridiculous. I have to make my own salads, desserts, soups, chili, and bus my own tables, all while handling a 6 table section, and serving alcoholic drinks.



I know all of these other restaurants HAVE bars, but I don't think people will order alcohol quite as much as they do at Primanti Brothers. I also am curious if they have to make their own desserts and salads, because it's so stressful having to do that while making sure your tables are happy. Thanks in advance!Waiters at the Outback/Red Lobster?
Oh honey don't you know alcohol is where the moneys at! I have done it all in places like you're describing here and I totally get not wanting to bus keep 6 tables happy make drinks run food seat people blah blah blah. But when you're good... it shows especially if your custies see you doing it all....

Maybe fine dining for you you don't even run food you basically present the menu and take the order but also remember if others are running your food making your drinks and bussing your tables you tip those people out. You lose money that way too.

I worked at a lone star steak house we made our own salads and desserts ( ice creams the worst) it depends on the place you work. Where I work now I don't make anything. Kitchen does it all. But during the day servers make their own drinks. No tipping a bartender bonus! No hostess to tip either.

Try a mom n pop place or a not corporate establishment rules are different and I prefer the difference.

Good luckWaiters at the Outback/Red Lobster?
Red lobster and outback are similar, look for a restaurant that isn't in a corporate chain, go in during slow hours like from 2-4 sit down at a table or sit at the bar and ask te servers and bartenders. If you like what you hear talk them up and ask for an application and talk to the manager, of course don't drink alcohol and dress appropriately if you plan to apply that day



Every place is different so just ask people who work there.



Ive worked at red lobster and had to make everything and i know people who work at outback and theres not much different
  • kauffman tire
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment