Monday, January 30, 2012

Can a company get into trouble for giving personal info of a customer out?

I worked in a restaurant for almost 2 years and never had a complaint not to mention the 8 years before with other companies,anyway I got my first complaint which resulted in me getting fired.I have since gotten unemployment.smokey bones by the way sent me her complaint followed by her name,address,phone number and e-mail.Now wouldn't you think that is silly considering the amount of nutbags out there.I am angry with the woman who completely lied but more angry with them.So,if I were to contact the woman and let her know can she legally hurt them?kind of a crazy question but I wouldn't want my info to go to someone that I just got fired.(I wouldn't do that to someone) let me know what you think.Thank you and happy holidaysCan a company get into trouble for giving personal info of a customer out?
I understand your frustration or anger.. However, there is nothing legally wrong with them giving out that information. It was a bad business decision, as it would alienate the customer in question. But there is no legal recourse for any party involved. It may make you feel better to tell her how bad they behaved, but it will serve no real purpose. I think you would be best served by moving on. Good luck to you, my friend!Can a company get into trouble for giving personal info of a customer out?
No they can't get in legal trouble for that. Grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment