Monday, February 20, 2012

I have a 2008 Specialized Pro and Comp, with a 100mm fork, I was wondering if I could put a 120mm fork on it?

ThanksI have a 2008 Specialized Pro and Comp, with a 100mm fork, I was wondering if I could put a 120mm fork on it?
Wow dude.What are u talking It has great effect on the bikes geometry!First you have to be sure that the angle of both forks is equal.Secondly 2cm is much but in a slopping frame if won't be very bad it will work but only on a slopping frame!On a regular frame it will change the geometry in a bad way(I think your bike has a slopping frame-check it)
Bai Ivan's answer it WRONG.

Report Abuse

I have a 2008 Specialized Pro and Comp, with a 100mm fork, I was wondering if I could put a 120mm fork on it?
It will be fine. A 20mm change isn't much and will have only a slight affect on your steering making it a fraction slower. If you want the fork get it.
yeah mate chuck it on...specialized would have designed the rake(angle of headtube) to cope with at least a 50-75ml (if not more)variance. Buy em fit em and ride em!I have a 2008 Specialized Pro and Comp, with a 100mm fork, I was wondering if I could put a 120mm fork on it?
Go for it. It will also make your bike more stable on downhills.

No comments:

Post a Comment