Monday, February 20, 2012

Correct tire pressure? using pro comp 33x12.50x15 mud terrain?

What is a suitable on road tire pressure for these tires on a 2000 TJ (has 4.5" lift if it makes any difference) - i know the trick of using chalk and driving straight, but not getting very clear answer with this. Currently at 30psiCorrect tire pressure? using pro comp 33x12.50x15 mud terrain?
I'd run them at 25psi, then very carefully check the treadwear patterns at the next rotation.
Every vehicle will be different, that's why the "chalk method" is recommended. It will tell YOU how your particular tire, on your particular Jeep is inflated. Generally, the larger the tire, the less pressure is required. If you can get your TJ weighed somewhere you could use that to get a ballpark figure from the maximum load and pressure marked on the sidewalls.



I used the chalk test to get the pressure for the 33" Goodyear MTRs on my TJ. I didn't get full contact over the width of the tyres till I got down to 18 psi. I have just under 60,000 miles on these tyres now and still have reasonable tread left. I know the pressure is not too low as the pressure only climbs a few psi, and tyres don't get hot, on long high speed runs as it should with correct inflation. Correct tire pressure? using pro comp 33x12.50x15 mud terrain?
Another easy way to check is run thur a puddle of water and check how much tread is in the print. And add or remove whatever air is good for a full print.Its hard to give anyone an exact tire pressure. I am running on my tj maxxis bighorns same size as yours and have 27 lbs.
That's a pretty wide footprint - the correct pressure should be between 66% %26amp; 75% of the pressure for standard tyres - If 30psi was correct for the standard tyres, I'd try 23psi %26amp; go from there.Correct tire pressure? using pro comp 33x12.50x15 mud terrain?
You far are you driving when you chalk the tires. I would only go about 100 feet then stop and check.
Im running my 35" x 12.5" x 15" Pro Comp XMT's @ 30 psi.

No comments:

Post a Comment