Monday, February 20, 2012

How can I find Channel Frequencies? I recently bought the Pinnicle PCTV HD pro stick ( a comp tv tuner)..?

I recently bought the Pinnicle PCTV HD pro stick ( a comp tv tuner) but it sucks at reception, and i'm not getting any good reception. Needless to day, i'm not happy. The tuner came with an antenna which I can't get good reception with, and i'm not getting many channels tuned.



BUT I can add channels custom, if I knew what the channel frequency was. SO, how do I find a channel's frequency(local? or do Comp TV tuners run on a diff circiut?)



Or, more so, how can I make the TV tuner do everything a REAL TV does.



Sorry I'm kinda new at the whole new TV comp tech.



Thanks!How can I find Channel Frequencies? I recently bought the Pinnicle PCTV HD pro stick ( a comp tv tuner)..?
First: Go to www.antennaweb.org and type in your address. It will show you a map listing the location and direction of the HD antennas in your area.



If the listing shows you must use an outdoor antenna to get signal - this explains the problem. You may be too far away for the little antenna to do any good. You might be able to get a "Phillips Silver Sensor" and 20 ft of CATV coax and mount the antenna across the room near a window to improve things.



The antenna web .org site will tell you the names of the channels, then you can do a web-search to find the frequencies used in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment